- Parks & Recreation
- Parks & Facilities
- Alexander Ching Memorial Dog Park
Alexander Ching Memorial Dog Park
About the Dog Park:
The Alexander Ching Memorial Dog Park is located at Bayonet Farm off Middletown Road. It is a place to gather, make friends, and socialize while enjoying your dogs. The park is divided into two fenced off sections. There is one section for small dogs and one section for large dogs. It is an area where dogs can legally run off leash and play with other dogs under the supervision of their owners. The Township welcomes all dog lovers in and outside the borders of Holmdel.
In January 2021 preparations were in high gear for the construction of the park. The dog park was dedicated in recognition of the generous donation of the facility that was made in honor of the late Holmdel resident Alexander Ching. Alex’s family, friends, volunteers, and Township Officials held the official “leash-cutting” of the park on May 31, 2021.
The Ching Family and Township strive to improve the park every day. The Alexander Ching Memorial Fund is a non-profit organization focused on the maintenance of an off-leash dog park and supporting animal well-being initiatives. All suggestions are welcome to improve the park. If you are interested in donating or volunteering some time, please visit the foundation’s Facebook page-Alex’s Paw Park, email AlexanderChingMemorialDogPark@gmail.com or contact Holmdel Township’s Recreation Department firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dog park rules are listed on the signboard at the entrance to the park. Please be respectful of all Township parks rules and regulations. Visitors are asked to park in the gravel parking lot located directly across from the dog park and not on the grass. On occasion the park may be closed for short durations for maintenance or other related issues. During the winter months water is shut off at the park. Remember to bring your own pup’s water during this time.
The dog park will continue to be as good as we all make it. It is asked that all visitors pitch in to keep this park clean, safe, and successful!
Hours of Operation:
The dog park is open daily from 7:00am - dusk, except when otherwise noted. The Township will communicate park closures through the calendar on this webpage as well as on social media.
Dog Park Rules:
ALL USERS ARE ADVISED THAT THE OFF-LEASH DOG PARK IS AN UNSUPERVISED RECREATIONAL AREA. USE THE PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK. HOLMDEL TOWNSHIP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS OR INJURIES TO YOU OR YOUR DOG.
- Users are legally responsible for the control, actions, behavior, & safety of their dog, & must show consideration to others at all times.
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park.
- Pronged, pinch, choke, spike or electronic training collars are NOT permitted.
- Dog waste must IMMEDIATELY be cleaned up by the dog’s owner.
- Children under 8 years of age are not permitted in the park. Children between 8-14 years of age must be closely supervised by an adult.
- There is a limit of 2 dogs per person. At no time should the total number of dogs exceed 20, & the number of people exceed 25.
- The park is divided into two separate fenced in areas. Dogs weighing less than 30 lbs must use the designated small dog area. Dogs weighing more than 30 lbs, must use the large dog area.
- Stop your dog from digging! Fill in any holes.
- Users must properly secure access gates upon entering and leaving the off-leash area.
- The dog park may not be used for any private use or gain, including private instructional training or activities without the express approval of Holmdel Township.
- Dogs that are not spayed or neutered
- Aggressive Dogs
- Puppies (under 4 months)
- Dogs without current vaccinations
- Unattended dogs
- Human and dog food/treats
- Glass containers
- Alcohol consumption