Can a pool barrier fence be shared with my neighbor?

A common swimming pool “barrier” (fence complying with the International Swimming Pool & Spa Code) is permitted to serve as a common barrier for a pool between neighbors. A request may be made by the owner of the pool to the Building Department by completing and signing Holmdel’s Common Pool Barrier Certification, completing an Application for Variation (UCC Form F160) and pay the appropriate fee (120.00 for Class II and III structures). Note: a single family home is a Class III structure. The Certification must be signed by both the neighbor and the Homeowner owning the pool making the request.

Show All Answers

1. Can I submit a construction permit online?
2. Homeowner or Contractor...who should actually submit the construction permit application?
3. Can I request a construction inspection online?
4. What construction permits do I need to submit?
5. What is the difference between a mechanical permit and a plumbing permit?
6. Do I need to submit construction plans with my permits?
7. Is an Architect required to draft construction plans and specifications?
8. Can I draft my own plans as a Homeowner?
9. Can my contractor draft their own plans?
10. What is required to be included in construction plans for a Single Family home?
11. How can I access New Jersey‘s construction codes?
12. Can I do my own work if I own the home?
13. How do I request an inspection?
14. When do I need a construction permit?
15. Do I need to wait to have a permit issued to start emergency work?
16. How long does it take to obtain a construction permit?
17. Is there any guidance on documents that may be needed in order to obtain a Construction Permit or final Certificates?
18. What construction inspections are required?
19. Can a pool barrier fence be shared with my neighbor?
20. How do I save money when filing for construction permits?
21. Who can I contact if I have questions concerning my construction permit?